Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't it give me the option to netfile?

The two options are to netfile or to print and mail.  It won't let me click on netfile.

5 Replies

Updates were released today. Please use this link https://bit.ly/2XwICWs to do your updates and then start at the Review Section of your return and continue through to Netfile or print your return.

Kasen5711

I am having the same problem that the Netfile option is Xed out when I try to use.  The link you provided in response no longer exists.  Program updated when I opened it today.  Is there a fix for this problem?

We made changes to this forum a few months ago, which resulted in all old posts having their dates changed to October 2019. The above posts are old posts that may date back a year or more, hence the broken links.

Regarding NETFILE – the CRA has it closed for maintenance, and it will reopen this Monday, February 24, 2020 at 6 a.m EST. You’ll be able to file your 2019 return after that time.

I am still unable to submit through Netfile. The whole reason I bought TurboTax was to file online. I am very dissatisfied.

What error message are you getting- that you aren't able to NetFile?