Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Desktop Turbo Tax 2022 --> File --> import tax data from CRA" is grayed out. Why?

Why is my version of turbo tax incomplete

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

"Desktop Turbo Tax 2022 --> File --> import tax data from CRA" is grayed out. Why?

The Canada Revenue Agency's Auto-Fill will re-open on February 6, 2023 as they are getting ready for this taxation year.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

48 Replies

The Canada Revenue Agency's Auto-Fill will re-open on February 6, 2023 as they are getting ready for this taxation year.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Today is 6th Feb and my Turbo Tax still does not have the Import from CRA option. It is not even greyed out.

Navigate as per the subject of this thread:

Using desktop (downloaded) version of TurboTax:

. use the "file" icon on the task bar and therein find the feature in the dropdown menu

Its still grayed out and I just downloaded the desktop premier edition on Feb 7th.,

Unfortunately , it hasn't been resolved yet. I bought the CD from Costco and installed it yesterday. I updated the software as asked. I opened it up again today and the Import from CRA option is not there. It asked me to collect my T slips and manually enter. Please advise. 

This should not be marked as resolved!

As per the Canada Revenue Agency, they are currently shut down for its annual maintenance to prepare for the 2022 tax filing year, they remind you that Auto-Fill My Return (AFR) is not fully functional until March 15, 2023. You may be able to use the service by February 20th, 2023, but they still may not have all the slips online.

Thank you for your patience.

It is now Feb 13/23 and the "Import tax data from CRA" option on my Standard version is non-existant. I was expecting it to be there as always and searched for 30 min trying to find it, thinking it had been moved, but nope. Comparing 2021 and 2022 version menu structures side by side and it's certainly gone. A note in the software would have been nice.  WHERE IS IT???

As per the Canada Revenue Agency, they are currently shut down for its annual maintenance to prepare for the 2022 tax filing year, they remind you that Auto-Fill My Return (AFR) is not fully functional until March 15, 2023. You may be able to use the service by February 20th, 2023, but they still may not have all the slips online.

Thank you for your patience.