Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JennineLN

Didn't do taxes last year, will I still receive the missed CCB payments?

Hi there, I'm waiting as well. I got a message informing of a deposit payment tomorrow just for the month but nothing about retroactive payments, I'm owed 6 months. Did you get yours, and if so how soon after your regular payment did it come in?  thanks!

Jennine

meeshko
Returning Member

I'm in the exact same situation. I finally filed my taxes end of March, but on CRA my account, it shows only my regular monthly payment will be deposited on May 20th.  It does show a credit when I click on the statement of account, shows the $ amount to be paid (regular monthly) under the amount column, then the retroactive owed as a CR next to it under the balance column. They did backpay my other benefits such as GST and others. But those clearly stated the full amount including the retroactive going into my account on the specified date. The child tax however does not. Really confused and worried I won't be receiving the credit. 

Just curious if you received yours yet? 

Projulianne
Returning Member

I’m in the same boat as you. I don’t get direct deposit but from previous times I always always got baby bonus by check a day early. So I will reply again tomorrow and tell you if I got 1 months worth or all I’m owed. I also got gst payback. I’m still waiting on trillium which should of came today in the mail but it always took the longest by mail but baby bonus always came the day before direct deposit. So hopefully it comes tomorrow. Cuz if I get what I’m owed I don’t see why you wouldn’t be. 

meeshko
Returning Member

Thank you so much!! Good to know I'm not alone here at least & others are in the same boat. Hopefully we all get our payments soon including the backpay. 

meeshko
Returning Member

Update: Still no credit received. Checked my bank account and only one payment for the current month was deposited, but amount owed to me from prior months still not showing up, also no info on my cra account online, got a ccb notice which I thought would for sure straighten things out and at least advise me of a credit on the way, but it doesn't even state that any amount is owed to me, yet this is the first ccb I received since last summer.... so all those months I didn't receive it they're just not going to pay now because of my own error in filing my taxes late? But they credited all prior months owed for GST and everything else. I received backpay for those... doesn't make sense. Completely baffled.

The online my account is also inaccurate because it stated I was going to receive my ccb on April 20th (one month worth, no backpay), and it says it was deposited to my account but I never received anything in April. I'm owed for April plus many months prior to that, but very frustrating how their system does not reflect that, and I'm not about to call and wait for 4-5 hours on hold only to be given no answer like last time. They couldn't even tell me why my online account was inaccurate showing I'd receive a payment on April 20th when I clearly did not. 

Projulianne
Returning Member

Hey just wondering if you can see if this months baby bonus states your getting your back pay you’re owed? I’ve called everyday last week with 5hr waits on hold just to be hung up on and my account is locked so I literally can only go by the checks I get in the mail and hope it’s back pay. I got trillium and I’m owed a few thousand and got $242 which is really odd cuz if it was just a normal 1 month payment I would not get that much at all. So so weird. And of course I called again and by the time I get through it’ll be closed. I’m praying this months baby bonus is not just a normal one month payment but right now I have no way of finding out. I’m owe $18,000 roughly for 2yrs ago and $27,000 for all of last year PLUS july of last year up to now of payments. The other 2 big payments are for 2 years worth of payments I haven’t got. I got my notice of assessment in mail but not a thing about anything else or if they are wanting info like as to why I didn’t do taxes (I am low income but had the chance to get help to not do taxes so I could technically save all my gov checks and I knew as soon as I did my taxes they would be released everything I’m owed) nothing like fishy or fraud occurred. Just suck at saving money and knew I would be paid what I’m owed…  I’ve just never heard of cra pushing out regular payments but taking longer to pay retroactive payments.. like if your regular payment is being processed then why not what your owed. 

meeshko
Returning Member

Hello, sorry I just seen this. I did finally get my backpay from last October. It was direct deposited on the 16th since I'm set up for direct deposit. I then also got my regular payment on the 18th. Not sure why they didn't just do it all on the 18th but it was a manual payment issued so a different date is what they told me when I called. 

I hope you got yours? If not you should be getting it very soon as long as your taxes are done everything should be paid out. They said there was a mix up with my calculations stating I owed instead of having a credit owed to me. 

So it could possibly be the same for you. It's hard to get through sometimes but if you call first thing in the morning it's not as long of a wait. Hope everything works out and you receive it soon!

Hi,

I applied for my daughter CCB after 10 years and made a mistake instead of putting since birth I put the date that I filed.

was wondering if I would be back payed for those years or no?

if no, how do I change that as I did it online and somehow can’t fix that.

If you were eligible for CCB during that period and you filed your tax returns for those years, then you will receive the missed payments. If you think you made a mistake in your application, please contact the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for more assistance. If you are in Canada or the United States, you can call the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) at 1-800-959-8281. If you are elsewhere, you can call 613-940-8495. This page has more ways to contact the CRA: Contact the Canada Revenue Agency

Hi! I know this is last years post but i am in some same situation. So i was late in filing my tax from 2021. I just did it August 5,2022 (with the april 30,2022 deadline). So i did not receive July 2022 CCB. but when i checked my CRA account last August 16,2022 they already received and calculated my benefits and others. they have my trillium and climate action benefit scheduled. they also have calculated my CCB and JULY 2022 and AUGUST 2022 was shown as CR BALANCE for backpay i guess. And in the August line there is $422 thats shown as EXPECTED FOR AUGUST 19,2022. However i did not receive the july and august payment. and now it shows september 2022-june 2023 payments as EXPECTED. the july and august were erased however it still shows in the statement of account that july 2022-aug2022 have a $817 CR . do you think i will still get this? thank you