Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't do taxes last year, will I still receive the missed CCB payments?

If you never had  your income tax return done on time then you will need to contact them to make sure that you get it. You can contact CRA at 1-888-863-8662.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

yeah i was late i just filed august 5. but august 16 i already saw in my Mycra account under CCB STATEMENT is $817 CR, but in payment dates only starting  August 19 was shown EXPECTED , july was not there i assumed they forgot or its just miss typing . but then did not receive the August 19 payment and now august 19 is gone in the pyment dates only starting September 20. hehe thanks for the reply yes i will contact CRA on thirsday when it says 5 days. thank you again

I was made aware during recent legal proceedings that I am entitled to half of the Canada Child Tax benefit for the years I was in a shared custody arrangement from 2009-2020. I had no idea! Way back when I talked to the mother about claiming our child she said only the mother could claim and I was out of luck as the dad. I don’t know why but I believed her and had no idea until recently that this program even existed. I struggled for the past decade going into crazy debt to provide for my kid half the time. I have applied for retro pay for this time period but it’s been more than 8 weeks so I called and no one seems to know anything. Is it too late? 

You will need to speak with the CRA about your case as it is a special one. If the courts ordered you to have half of the payments and it was already given to your ex spouse- it will be up to CRA to figure it out from there. 

Please contact the CRA at 1-800-387-1193. This number is for the child tax benefit department. You can also call 1-800-959-8281.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

zhouliehui
Returning Member

I have manual payment issued, what does that mean? This is for ccb for last 10 months going into 11 months, will I get those back, my family need the money to pay for rent

zhouliehui
Returning Member

Can you tell me what is manual payment issued? not much informations on the web

zhouliehui
Returning Member

go to the MP, saying you are in distress, write to the PM, saying you are in distress, they will direct your distress email to mnister of finance, that is what I did, will update you what happen after that (I presumed somebody will investigate and speed up payment of benefits)

Hello I wanted to ask how long it generally takes to process back pay? 
info: 

I just had my baby in 2022 of April but I didn’t do taxes that year 

I just filed for my taxes for the first time  at the end of April for 2022 I wanted to ask how long it would take for backpay to start? I just got my first CCB payment (July)