Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get my 2022 online version tax return to my 2023 software on desktop? It wont upload previous 2022 online pdf.

I purchased the Home and Business from Costco yesterday to use the software on my desktop. Before today, I have always done my taxes online via turbotax.ca. When trying to transfer my 2022 taxes, the software doesn't recognize my 2022 online tax form. (I believe these are copied pdfs and not original).

How do I get my 2022 online tax documents to my 2023 desktop software?
6 Replies

How do I get my 2022 online version tax return to my 2023 software on desktop? It wont upload previous 2022 online pdf.

Unfortunately, transferring TurboTax Online returns into TurboTax CD/Download is not possible. TurboTax Online can't create .tt files, which is what TurboTax CD/Download uses.

You can still print or download a PDF copy of your TurboTax Online return to be able to manually transfer your information this year. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for instructions: In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I print a copy of my tax return?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

This is an acceptable response from Intuit - as part of your customer service you should provide users the ability to transfer their files from the online version to a desktop version if they want.  You are a large software company with "experienced" programmers who should be able to provide this service to users rather than restrict us to keeping our documents on an online version.  I have all my Turbo Tax files from 2012 onward on my desktop.  Last year, I was too late to purchase the downloadable version and got stuck with the online version.  Now I am missing these .tt22 files on my desktop.  I am doing my 2023 taxes on my desktop and do not have the ability to upload the 2022 history into the returns!

Correct my Typo - UNacceptable response from Intuit!

We appreciate your feedback on this matter. We will add your feedback to the others.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

taxdad76
Returning Member

Turbo Tax screwed up big time with the fact you cant upload from online to cd version.  Reading the hundreds of comments and the other sites I've visited with this cash grab job they've done, after 10+ years using them, I've decided to stop.  This approach was a cheap attempt and punished the loyal customers they had.  

It's actually a good way to loose your loyal customer base. We should just move away from Intuit. There are quite a few good software company with ethical practice.