Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yvesb38

How do I import my personal information from desktop 2022 turbotax tax return, to turbotax online to prepare my 2023 tax return so I don't have to re-enter my info again.

I only have access to my 2021 return on turbotax online but when I start a 2023 online turbotax tax return, it doesn't have my personal info for some reason.
6 Replies

How do I import my personal information from desktop 2022 turbotax tax return, to turbotax online to prepare my 2023 tax return so I don't have to re-enter my info again.

Unfortunately, you can’t transfer information from TurboTax Online into TurboTax CD/Download.

yvesb38

Hi,

It's the opposite. I would like to transfer my info from desktop to online.

I did a search and it says to go to tools on the left side of the screen but there's no tools tab there.

Thanks

When you create a return without using your TurboTax Online return from last year, then it will ask you what you used last year, If you pick TurboTax CD/Download, it should give you the option to upload a file.

yvesb38

Unfortunately it didn't ask this question.

Thanks anyway. I'll just have to re-enter my info.

Yves

We ran into the exact same problem. After we follow the instructions, it never gives us an option to upload the 2022 taxes. We think there is a glitch--it just keeps looping back to the basic information screen. Any advice would be welcome.

@heatherlm8 Please clear your browser cache (or use a different browser) and try again. If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 for more help.