Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
parkerphoto22
Returning Member

I've used TurboTax since 2020 for self-employment. When starting a new 2023 return, data (name, address, asset balances, etc.) is not imported from previous years. Why?

9 Replies

I've used TurboTax since 2020 for self-employment. When starting a new 2023 return, data (name, address, asset balances, etc.) is not imported from previous years. Why?

Are you using the same computer as you did last year? 

parkerphoto22
Returning Member

Yes. Same computer. Same login info. I can see my taxes in Turbotax from 2019-2022. When I start a new tax return for 2023 it doesn't transfer any data. Also, this is for the online version of TurboTax.

When you start your 2023 return, are you selecting the correct return from the list of 2022 returns?

You may also want to try clearing your browser cache or use a different browser.

parkerphoto22
Returning Member

Cleared cache and tried a different browser. Same problem. Watch this video to see the steps I take and you'll see it never gives me an option to choose to transfer data;  

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/y08ryqjtiwrw6ydponusl/2024-01-20-13-47-43.mp4?rlkey=74mdwswwcaem6oqwv...

The option to pick a return to transfer from is the first thing you should see when you start a new return in TurboTax Online.

So, either you didn't use TurboTax Online, or you used a different account for 2022. 

parkerphoto22
Returning Member

That is what I'm trying to tell you... there is NO option to transfer data. It is NOT THERE!!!!!!!!!

Did you NOT watch the video I sent?

Attached is proof I've used TurboTax Online for the last 4 tax years

Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 2.28.51 PM.png 

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

I have the EXACT same problem

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. 

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.