Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Devoted_guy
Returning Member

Is there a way to upload individual medical expenses via EXCEL or CSV file into Turbotax?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Is there a way to upload individual medical expenses via EXCEL or CSV file into Turbotax?

No.  You can use the Excel schedule as support.  Keep it with your medical receipts and attach it all to your final printed copy in case CRA wants to see the support.  Then just manually enter the total.  You can also divide the expenses by prescriptions, dental, eye care, and medical travel if you choose.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

No.  You can use the Excel schedule as support.  Keep it with your medical receipts and attach it all to your final printed copy in case CRA wants to see the support.  Then just manually enter the total.  You can also divide the expenses by prescriptions, dental, eye care, and medical travel if you choose.

lh44

When is Intuit going to incorporate this feature?  I've been using excel for years in the exact format Turbo Tax wants in the hope that one day I'll be able to import this info.  

I agree.  The UI to enter medical expenses in Turbo Tax is horrible.  There should be a way to easily enter previously entered medical services (Payment made to)  and patients rather than having to manually type them in again and again.

Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and have shared this information with the proper TurboTax team.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.