Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer my 2022 year’s tax information from TurboTax Online to TurboTax CD/Download for 2023? Is there a way to get my tt22 file from online?

I have a pdf copy from 2022, but can't figure out how to use it to transfer my tax data from 2022 into the 2023 desktop version of TurboTax.
13 Replies

How do I transfer my 2022 year’s tax information from TurboTax Online to TurboTax CD/Download for 2023? Is there a way to get my tt22 file from online?

Unfortunately, transferring TurboTax Online returns into TurboTax CD/Download is not possible. TurboTax Online can't create .tt files, which is what TurboTax CD/Download uses.

You can still print or download a PDF copy of your TurboTax Online return. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for instructions: In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I print a copy of my tax return?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Unfortunately I find this very frustrating! I would like to go back to using the TurboTax CD/Download, but TurboTax doesn't make that possible. Why is it so easy to transfer tax information from a previous year's taxes to the online version, but impossible to go the other way??? I understand that I can save/print a pdf of my 2022 taxes, but that doesn't help me import all the data to the 2023 TurboTax CD/Download verion. The only way that I can see to switch back to TurboTax CD/Download is to manually re-enter all my data???

Yes, you would need to input all your information manually. 

This is crap.  I now bought the download and first thing I find out is that I can't transfer.  How do I get a refund on the download?

Did you purchase directly from us or from a retail store?

I've already stated my opinion on Turbotax inanely, not being able to transfer from the online version to the desktop version of the next year. Will the 2023 desktop Turbotax tell me where the information (Line Numbers) that I need, such as carry forward amounts (etc) in my 2022 online Turbotax generated PDF that I downloaded to my computer?

Ron

@15ronroy TurboTax CD/Download allows you to see the actual forms, so you can look at your line numbers from last year's return and see what you need for this year's return.

frustrating indeed , all to charge you more to keep you on the online version...

LT306

This is very disappointing. I accidentally bought the online version at Costco last year and begrudgingly used it planning to switch back to the desktop version this year. I’ve now purchased the desktop version for 2023 but will have to do extra work to complete my taxes this year. This little tidbit should have be better explained when someone starts the online version. I feel ripped off and annoyed.