Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload 2021 online return data to the 2022 cd version.

I just want to do my taxes. I'm in the same boat as everyone here. Can i just get a refund of my 'PC download' version and I'll use the online version as I have been for the past years? Can you send me a code for the online version and you can cancel the PC version I have? 

Does anyone know if Costco will refund?

I've already blown an hour trouble shooting this BS functionality to land here and find i've wasted my time. 

Weak sauce turbo tax... weak sauce

Well, Costco will refund just about anything. Dunno if they'll draw the line on opened software. You may have to pursue this with Intuit.

I think it's just lazy design to not have the tax files interchangeable between their two versions! 

Beyond the baffling incompatibility is this other issue: the CD/download version can let you prepare up to 20 returns (with 8 returns good for incomes over $25,000). While the online version caps it at 8 returns PERIOD (at least for last year when we mistakenly bought it).

I'll give costco a try saturday and report back. But my hopes arn't high. As you said, I think the best thing would be to have at least the product codes be interchangable (e.g., i can use one code to activate either the online or CD version). At least that way, people can continue to use what they were using before regardless of what they buy. 

Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and have shared this information with the proper TurboTax team.
@SwitingOnlinetoDownloadvs  To apply for a refund please see our TurboTax FAQ: How do I get a refund for a TurboTax product?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

CY88

This is not acceptable.  I bought the online version by mistake and registered it online.  I would consider not using turbotax in the future if this is not fixed.

Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and will share this information with the proper TurboTax team.

If you would like to apply for a refund please see our TurboTax FAQ: How do I get a refund for a TurboTax product?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Ok