Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krojacic

How to upload 2021 online return data to the 2022 cd version.

how to transfer 2021 online return data to the 2022 cd download version?
26 Replies

Unfortunately, the information from TurboTax Online cannot be transferred into TurboTax CD/Download. TurboTax Online has no way of saving to the .ttxx file format. TurboTax CD/Download can only import or open .ttxx files.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Frankcj4

Why not?  It seems like a logical request.  Please work on it.

Thank you for your feed back. Its much appreciated.

JJca

Since it's impossible to import 2021 data from TurboTax Online into the Turbotax CD 2022 version, I wish to enter them manually . Which fields in 2021 online tax return should I copy to the 2022 CD version so I don't miss any important data?

The online version cost more money to do the tax return.  Can we then use the online version with the same priviledge of the CD version to copy the data?

That is not an answer to the question your customer asked. 

@JJca It depends on what is on your tax return. The main areas to look at would be places like rental income or business/self-employment income. If you had medical expenses, donations or RRSP contributions that you didn't use last year, you will have to enter that information.

@Martin Ruel  You can transfer your TurboTax CD/Download file from last year into a TurboTax Online return for this year. But if you want to use the features of TurboTax CD/Download, then you can continue to use it this year. This TurboTax page shows what we have available: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax/software/download

ukonjack

Wow, what a lack of service. Nowhere did I see a statement from Turbotax that your files cannot be transferred from online to the desktop/CD version.

It would have been nice if Turbotax notified you when filing your online return that the .tt?? files are not availble from Turbotax online for next year if using the CD version and allow you to save them to your PC or wherever you decide.

This is just extremily frustrating and poor customer service. I've been using Turbotax CD version since 2010, last year (2021) was the first time ever using the online version, and will be the last time I use the online version. Possibly the last time I use Turbotax at all. 

Thank you for your feedback we will send your information to the appropriate department.