Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjc-
Level 2

My son's 2020 tax filing was submitted Turbotax but under my Turrbotax account This year he will file the tax forms himself. Are his past tax data available to him?

Goal is to transfer past tax data to his 2021 filing.  Thank you.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My son's 2020 tax filing was submitted Turbotax but under my Turrbotax account This year he will file the tax forms himself. Are his past tax data available to him?

Unfortunately, data cannot be transferred from one account to another. Your son will need to start his new account from scratch. But, if he has a CRA My-Account he will be able to auto-fill his information and slips from the CRA. 

For more information on Auto-Fill, please see our TurboTax article:
The Complete Guide to Auto-Fill my Return (AFR) | 2022 TurboTax® Canada Tips (intuit.ca)

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Unfortunately, data cannot be transferred from one account to another. Your son will need to start his new account from scratch. But, if he has a CRA My-Account he will be able to auto-fill his information and slips from the CRA. 

For more information on Auto-Fill, please see our TurboTax article:
The Complete Guide to Auto-Fill my Return (AFR) | 2022 TurboTax® Canada Tips (intuit.ca)

mjc-
Level 2

Thank you.

Unfortunately, if he is using his own account, his past return information will not be transferred. The information will have to be transferred manually this year and will be transferrable in the future year. He may want to print last year's return to help him enter the information.