Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
purrierh

Somehow our 2022 tax returns pdf files were archived and we cannot access them to transfer to preparing our 2023 tax returns. How may we retrieve them to transfer?

I am in the process of preparing my 2023 tax return and want to transfer the data from 2022 and cannot find the pdf copy.  The 2022 turbo tax software somehow got deleted and we can only find the archived copies which cannot be transferred.  How may I recover the 2022 tax return copies from archive copies?  Should I reinstall the 2022 turbo tax software?  Will that help to recover 2022 pdf copies that were filed with CRA?
1 Reply

Somehow our 2022 tax returns pdf files were archived and we cannot access them to transfer to preparing our 2023 tax returns. How may we retrieve them to transfer?

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, you need the actual 2022 return file (.tt22) in order to transfer into a 2023 file. A PDF will not work.

If you no longer have the .tt22 files, then unfortunately, we can't provide you with them, as TurboTax CD/Download only saves to your computer, not our servers.