Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I go to "Transfer my return" from TurboTax Online 2021, it just loops back to my return, and then asks again. Is this feature broken right now?

As the title says - I am stuck in a loop. I used TurboTax online for 2021, I have some stuff to get started, but when I try to "Transfer" my information from 2021, it just keeps looping back over and over.
6 Replies

When I go to "Transfer my return" from TurboTax Online 2021, it just loops back to my return, and then asks again. Is this feature broken right now?

Yes, we are currently experiencing an issue that is causing people to go into a sign-in loop if they try to transfer their previous year’s return into TurboTax Online 2022.

Our product development team is aware of this issue and they are working on resolving this problem and will have it resolved ASAP.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

@martinpalindat 

@TurboTaxSusan 

This explains my frustrations.

I imagine this won't be resolved this weekend?

@matt1991

Unfortunately, they have not given us a time frame as to when this issue will be resolved, but a problem as serious as this is usually resolved fairly quickly.

The issue has been resolved. You should now be able to transfer your 2021 TurboTax Online return into 2022. 
Thank you for your patience. 

It is April 11, 2023 as I post this.  the problem is not resolved.  I am getting it  when I try to start my return for this year.  I am also getting it when I start a new file for a first time file for a family member.

Please clear your cache, sign out of your return and out of your computer. You might want to try using a different browser. If you are still having difficulties, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.