Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to enter legal fees incurred in the year to establish a right to collect salary. Where can I find this (line 22900)? Employee Expense does not have an option

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am trying to enter legal fees incurred in the year to establish a right to collect salary. Where can I find this (line 22900)? Employee Expense does not have an option

Thank you for your question. You will enter the form T777 in your tax software. In the form, you will see field number 8862 (Accounting and legal fees).  You can click on find and write T777. You will then choose T777- Statement of employment expense. Then click yes and choose T2200 - Declaration of Conditions of Employment. On the next page, check the boxes that apply to your situation and click continue. You will enter the amount in the Accounting and legal fees field. Please click here for more information. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Thank you for your question. You will enter the form T777 in your tax software. In the form, you will see field number 8862 (Accounting and legal fees).  You can click on find and write T777. You will then choose T777- Statement of employment expense. Then click yes and choose T2200 - Declaration of Conditions of Employment. On the next page, check the boxes that apply to your situation and click continue. You will enter the amount in the Accounting and legal fees field. Please click here for more information. 

Thank you very much I was able to submit the legal fees I was looking for.

Thank you so much. Nice to hear that. I am glad that I could help.