Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In my tax summary, the amount of total tax paid doesn't match the actual tax paid on all my t4s

I have 3 T4, a T4A and a T4E. The total tax paid on all the forms is just over12000. When I go to the review page on the program it shows about 2500 less.

Thanks

5 Replies

In my tax summary, the amount of total tax paid doesn't match the actual tax paid on all my t4s

Return to the T slip entry screens and check each box entry for a keying error or duplicate slip entries. If the entries are accurate and line 437 does not match the total income tax deducted (Box 22 on each slip), contact our phone support team for further assistance.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013

Nick59

I’m experiencing the same problem and imported the T4’s from the CRA website. The amounts on the auto fill match what is on my T4 paper copies however when I completed the review, the summary of tax deducted did not match and was significantly lower for both my wife and myself. This has obvious impacts on our returns so we need to correct it. Have opted-in for the “expert review” but have been unable to schedule a review and have been on hold for extended periods of time when I try calling............please advise

Thank you for choosing Expert Review- They will be able to see your returns and see where the error is occurring. The wait times might be busier at certain times of the day. Please try again.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/navigating-turbotax/help/i-m-using-turbotax-live-assi...

I have used the option to upload my T4A data directly from CRA. However the Detailed Tax Summary is showing an amount for my Total Income Tax Deducted that is $1,370 LESS than the amount shown on my T4A. How do I correct this error?

If you used the CRA auto-fill- it should have been entered correctly. Do you have a different T4A then what the CRA has or one that has been updated? Please verify before you make any changes. Maybe you have more than one T4 and it was added together.  

If you have verified please contact our phone support team for assistance.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.