Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello where do I enter the amount for my rent assist payment received - line 6126 Manitoba credits? I have looked and can't seem to find it. Thx

I have been looking for this for hours and can't find it either. It was on the 2021 version. Why not for 2022 taxes?

Hello where do I enter the amount for my rent assist payment received - line 6126 Manitoba credits? I have looked and can't seem to find it. Thx

Users of TurboTax Online and CD/download products can get in touch with customer support by calling 1-888-829-8608. They will be able to see your return and guide you.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I contacted your support and she didn’t have any solution. She advised me to go for expert advise for which I have to pay and that doesn’t justify it because I just need to know where can I enter Rent Assist amount. In that situation what should we do?

For the love of God! Has anyone figured out how to enter the 2022 Manitoba Rent Assist on form MB 479? Last year it was entered on line 61 and clearly marked Rent Assist. 

For 2022, you do not need to enter your Manitoba rent assist payment on your tax return. 

You can see the actual 2022 MB479 form here: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/tax-packages-years/general-incom...

This screen never shows up.

I tried 100 times 

For 2022, you do not need to enter your Manitoba rent assist payment on your tax return. 

After receiving my reply here, I called the provincial tax office as well as the office generating the tax information sheet. Both offices say it was just dropped without warning. No explanation given to either office. Personal opinion based on conversations I've had with those offices, it seems like a happy accident. Expect it to return next year.

This doesn’t make a lot of sense to not have to enter rent assist in the MB479 all of a sudden.  You would think there would be some mention of this change in the MB Rent Assist website. Literally nothing.

@Bigd2023_tax 

Well, you can look at the MB479 on the CRA website and see that it no longer asks if you got Rent Assist: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/tax-packages-years/general-incom...