Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swilbrink

Work-Space-in-the-Home Expenses: I moved from a rental to home ownership in the summer - How do I enter my home office expenses as different locations?

My previous apartment was a different size than my current home, so I need to calculate my work space differently for each.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Work-Space-in-the-Home Expenses: I moved from a rental to home ownership in the summer - How do I enter my home office expenses as different locations?

Add the square footage of both home office spaces and divide by two to get an average.  Also add the total square footage of both residences and divide by 2 to get an average, and then use the total of all expenses. There is no way to add two separate office space calculations.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Add the square footage of both home office spaces and divide by two to get an average.  Also add the total square footage of both residences and divide by 2 to get an average, and then use the total of all expenses. There is no way to add two separate office space calculations.