Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As a food delivery driver for UberEATS, what is the industry code for my self-employment income? Also, do I have to CCA my vehicle if I want to claim vehicle expenses?

I started delivering food in my spare time for UberEATS in March 2017, and have continued to do it ever since. Overall I made about $2030 in 2017 doing so. I have filled out a T2125 for the income for this job, however, I am not sure what to enter for industry code. Keep in mind that I have never been signed up for Uber's Ride Sharing, and thus have only ever delivered food through UberEATS.

Also, I want to claim some motor vehicle expenses as a deduction against this self-employment income. I calculated that 7.6% of the total KMs that I drove since March 2017 in my personal car were KMs for UberEATS, so I would like to claim 7.6% of my fuel, maintenance and insurance costs from March 2017 to December 31, 2017. I am wondering if I have to CCA my personal car in order to do this? Personally, I would rather not CCA my car on my tax return if I do not have to.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

As a food delivery driver for UberEATS, what is the industry code for my self-employment income? Also, do I have to CCA my vehicle if I want to claim vehicle expenses?

492210 is the most appropriate Industry code for UBER Eats.

For your vehicle expenses, when you enter your total kms (both for the year and for business) and the total of all your expenses for the year, there's no obligation to take CCA for your vehicle. Just leave that section blank.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

492210 is the most appropriate Industry code for UBER Eats.

For your vehicle expenses, when you enter your total kms (both for the year and for business) and the total of all your expenses for the year, there's no obligation to take CCA for your vehicle. Just leave that section blank.

Thank you very much for your help. I wish you all the best.
shaersha

is that supposed to be 492110

Yes, if you are driving for UBER EATS you can use- code 492210 as it is for local delivery.