Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For T3 and T5 slip entries, claiming percentage for spouse appears not to be calculating properly but duplicating the amounts

9 Replies

For T3 and T5 slip entries, claiming percentage for spouse appears not to be calculating properly but duplicating the amounts

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

Have you entered the slips on both spouses or just one? 

I'm using Turbotax online and have entered the slips for myself only.  I have marked recipient type "2" and provided percentage for my spouse to claim.

Is it showing correctly on the Income Summary page?

It is not showing accurately on the income summary page.  The amounts are duplicated.

Also, the AutoFill Function for downloading T-slips generates an error, and information is not imported.  So information had to be entered manually.

When you entered the income, did you just enter the slips, or did you also enter the amounts again in the investment section? If you have the income in the T-Slips section, then entering the amounts again in the Investments section will cause the income to be doubled.

Auto Fill appears to be the culprit.  The importation of slips from CRA site failed with Turbotax program acknowledging an error.  Afterwards, when reviewing the T5 and T3 slip sections, no slips had been "entered". Income Summary section confirmed there were no entries.  However, when manually entering T-slip data, the entry amounts would be double the entry.  So, the data from AutoFill did occur but the entries, for some reason, did not display with Turbotax. 

To rectify I had to delete all inputs starting with profile information, including checked boxes in the T slip summary.  I manually entered all information and it appears to be working but I'm skeptical at this point and will be double checking entries.  I may start a new return or have another review of my return.  

Thank you for the update, we appreciate it.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

If the AutoFill error is valid, I hope this can be rectified between Turbotax and CRA as it was very frustrating to figure it out.

Thank you for your feedback and for bringing this to our attention. We have mentioned it to our development team and if the issue has not already been solved, will work on a fix in a future update. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.