Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I'm having trouble finding the correct location to input the income I received from my small business sales. Where can I find this?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hello, I'm having trouble finding the correct location to input the income I received from my small business sales. Where can I find this?

Are you seeing a page that reads "Your Self-employment Profile for 2017"? You can also use the "Find" tool to search for "Self-Employment". You can check off all that applies there but most people only need to check "Professional, Commission, and/or Other type of business". 

Click the "Continue" button, then "Add" a business or click on "Edit" if your business is already there. Select "Other type of business" if none of the others apply.

Click the "Continue" button, and you should see a long page of things to fill out. If you scroll down under the website stuff, there is an "Income" section, with a box that says "Sales, commissions, or fees". You put your income there. 

Don't forget to fill out anything else on the form that applies to you, like the "Business Identification" section on top and the various expenses boxes.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Are you seeing a page that reads "Your Self-employment Profile for 2017"? You can also use the "Find" tool to search for "Self-Employment". You can check off all that applies there but most people only need to check "Professional, Commission, and/or Other type of business". 

Click the "Continue" button, then "Add" a business or click on "Edit" if your business is already there. Select "Other type of business" if none of the others apply.

Click the "Continue" button, and you should see a long page of things to fill out. If you scroll down under the website stuff, there is an "Income" section, with a box that says "Sales, commissions, or fees". You put your income there. 

Don't forget to fill out anything else on the form that applies to you, like the "Business Identification" section on top and the various expenses boxes.

Thank-you! One other quick quick question now that I am done: I wan't to send it now, and not on the 26th, can I fax it to the CRA or do I have to mail it?

It depends. If you have expenses that you want to claim against your business income, you can report it in the “Self-Employment” section under the “Income” tab. 

If you have only a small amount of income, with no expenses, you can include it as “Income Not Reported On A T-Slip” (aka “Other Income”), which you can find under the “Income” tab, in the “Other Income Sources”

What is the field called that I would find this under? I am on the Income Tab under self employment and only see "Income Professional fees" other than the Income from T4As which does not apply to me.

You can send it through the mail if you need to file right now. https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2648070