Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I would like to file a complaint. I tried to use Turbotax standard and was charged for TurboTax Deluxe Online 2023 and TurboTax Premium Bundle Primary 2023.

These products cost $91.53. I spoke with a customer service rep for 40 minutes, they told me if you add donations now, you are charged for this bundle. They tried to remove the donation but it didn't work. I was told that they would escalate this and open an investigation but then I couldn't file my taxes for 10-15 days. I would appreciate someone sorting this out. ASAP.
3 Replies

Hello, I would like to file a complaint. I tried to use Turbotax standard and was charged for TurboTax Deluxe Online 2023 and TurboTax Premium Bundle Primary 2023.

TurboTax Standard Online was discontinued a few years ago and replaced with TurboTax Deluxe Online. 

The TurboTax Premium Bundle includes Audit Defence, Priority Customer Care and ID Protection. This is an upgrade that you would have had to have added to your return. 

Okay. Well the customer service staff gave me incorrect information. I asked if he could remove it, and he said no, because I had made a donation. I had not filed my taxes at this point. Would someone be able to help with this? Thank you.

Unfortunately, once you have upgraded or added features to your TurboTax return, there is no way to downgrade or remove the extra features. You would need to create a new return to go back to the original product. 

To start a new return, select “Start a New Return” from under “My Returns” in the top left corner. Once you have started your new return, you can select “View All Returns” from under “My Accounts & Returns”. Then delete the unwanted return by clicking the small Trash Can next to it or “Delete” under the return’s name.