Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home office expense doesn't seem to be working properly - after entering all the information, it isn't saving?

After pressing save, it goes back to the first screen and says that, it's not started. Every other expense is working except for home office.
6 Replies

Home office expense doesn't seem to be working properly - after entering all the information, it isn't saving?

Please clear your cache and restart your computer before trying again. You may also try using a different browser.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I tried both those options and it still isn't processing properly.

To look into this situation, we will need more information. Which TurboTax are you using Online or Download and which version? Could you please send us a screenshot of the message you are getting?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I've used Turbotax online (on multiple browsers) and have the app downloaded on my phone. I have signed out, logged back in, uninstalled and reinstalled the app - the current version is 6.2.0

It seems like the program is glitching and isn't saving my information properly - because when I click submit at the end of the home office expense, it returns to the home screen for expenses and says on the screen that it hasn't been started; whereas all the other expenses are entered and saved properly. But, when you click on the home office expense again, the numbers I entered previously are still there?turbotax screenshot.png

The expenses are still there and are still part of the net self-employment income calculations, but they are not displaying properly.

We are aware of this issue and are looking into it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

canadahigh
Returning Member

I've also reported this issue here and there's still no resolution .