Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete employment earnings which I entered in error instead of self employment income?

I have the same problem!

I'm 100% self employed, never entered any amount under 'employment,' but it appears that I have an income there.

I'm guessing the problem started when

I input my T4A box 20. The box is checked under 'employment' T4A. If I uncheck it, the screen won't let me pass. There will be a red error message: either you delete your T4A entry, or you must check this box.

But under 'self-employment' there is ALSO a T4A box, which also I checked.

Never encountered this problem in my past 12 years using Turbotax.

How do I delete employment earnings which I entered in error instead of self employment income?

And by the way, that mysterious 'employment' income is not a number that I recognize. It is not a double entry of the T4A or any other familiar entries in my entire tax return. It's just a random number. Can't delete it, not even find where it was generated. Please help!

If you are self-employed, you should enter the T4A as any other slip and then complete the business section to claim any expenses.

If you need to delete the T4A and re-enter it, you will need to also delete the business that was formed when you entered the T4A.

The problem is, i am not 'employed' . There is an amount automatically appear under 'employment'. I did not enter this. and cannot delete it.

@icandothis

If the mystery amount is showing up on Line 10400 (previously Line 104) as "Other Employment Income", the following link from CRA gives a list of any amounts that might show up here. 

Line 10400 - Other Employment Income

You may want to check if you have a Box 118 - Medical Premium Benefits or Box 132 - Wage Earner Protection Program on your T4A as this happens offten. 

Any amounts that are Line 10100 (previously Line 101) have to come from a T4 which you have entered. 

The CRA link you provided about a list of Other Employment Incomes, I do not have any of these Other Employment Income.

As said, I only have box 020 on my T4A slip. Very simple. I have this every year. That's what I entered in my Turbotax every year. Unfortunately, the software is not as straight forward this year...

Any help would be appreciated 

I do not have a T4 slip.

No other boxes than box 020 - commissions.

I look back into my 2018 NOA. This amount also appeared on line 457 - Employee and partner GST/HST rebate.

Why do I have this rebate, as a sole-proprietor self-employment?

This was done incorrectly back then in 2018. I don't have employee or partner. I never need to file GST370.

How can I delete this on Turbotax?