Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a sole proprietor small business owner with two employees. Could someone tell me which program to use to file income tax. I am not incorporated but I have employees

I don't see where to put employees in with self employed. Home and business software looks like it might be the better choice but I would like to know if I can add employees before I purchase it. Any advice would be appreciated.
5 Replies

I am a sole proprietor small business owner with two employees. Could someone tell me which program to use to file income tax. I am not incorporated but I have employees

In both TurboTax Self-Employed Online & TurboTax CD/Download, Sub-contractor and direct labour costs would go into the Inventory section, and other employee expenses would go under salaries and wages. The difference is that TurboTax Self-Employed Online doesn’t have the same user interface as TurboTax CD/Download. And the Online version doesn’t have the ability to access the forms directly.

Thank you very much! 

You're welcome.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Hello again, would it be possible for you to send me the link for TurboTax cd  download? The program your regarding too. I'm having trouble finding it.

Thank you

Here is our 2023 TurboTax Desktop/Download link.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.