Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had personal income as employed, and self-employed. Which type of TurboTax products should I purchase to complete tax filing both of personal income and self-employed?

I have input my personal income information to TurboTax ( Not Turbotax Self-employed ), but I didn't input self-employed income information yet. Your support will be so much appreciated.
3 Replies

I had personal income as employed, and self-employed. Which type of TurboTax products should I purchase to complete tax filing both of personal income and self-employed?

If you are using TurboTax Online to file your 2021 tax return, then you will need to use TurboTax Self-Employed Online if you have self-employment income. TurboTax will give you the opportunity to upgrade when you get to that section of the return.

You won't need to pay until you are ready to file your return. 

Hi Susan,
Thank you so much for your reply., so appreciated.

Let me confirm one thing. I will be able to input, then file both of my Personal Income as an employee from employer,  business income ( sales ) as self-employed in the same T1 Form, if I upgrade to TurboTax Self-Employed Online, in other words, TurboTax Self-Employed Online covers both of personal income as an employee as well as self-employed business income.

Is this correct? 

Thank you for your help,

You are absolutely correct. All can be done on one return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.