Solved: I have buy Turbotax on line, not realising that th...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
Announcements
For information related to Covid-19 and how to get help if you lost your job, please see The Covid-19 Tax Info Center
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I have buy Turbotax on line, not realising that this what it was. I really wanted to buy TurboTax Download. How can I make the exchange?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

I have buy Turbotax on line, not realising that this what it was. I really wanted to buy TurboTax Download. How can I make the exchange?

Refunds are issued on TurboTax products within 60 days of purchase. You do not need to send the product back to us.

Refunds on TurboTax purchased from a retailer (e.g. Costco, Staples, Walmart)

To request a refund for a TurboTax CD purchased from a retailer:

1. Print and complete the TurboTax Refund Request Form.
  2. Scan or photocopy the completed form.
  3. Scan or photocopy the CD sleeve or envelope, including the product number and Installation Key Code.
  4. Scan or photocopy the retail receipt.
  5. Send the completed Refund Request Form, the copy of the CD sleeve, and the copy of the retail receipt by email or fax:

Email: CanadaReturns@intuit.com
Fax: 1-888-829-1724

Once you have sent us your request for a refund, please uninstall TurboTax.

Note: It can take up to six weeks for your refund cheque to arrive in the mail.

Refunds on TurboTax downloads (for Windows), purchased from the TurboTax.ca website

Send an email or fax clearly indicating that you would like a refund of your TurboTax CD, along with the following information:

• your first and last name, address, and daytime phone number;
  • your order number, which is available on your purchase receipt;
  • reason for the return — please be specific as your comments help us improve our products and services.

Once you have sent us your request for a refund, please Uninstall TurboTax.

Refunds are processed within a week; We’ll send you an email confirmation once your refund has been processed.

Refunds on online editions of TurboTax (in-product purchases and pre-payment codes)

You can use the online edition of TurboTax without paying up to the point where you submit your return to the Canada Revenue Agency through NETFILE or print your tax return. When you choose to submit your return through NETFILE or print your return, you will be asked to submit non-refundable payment.

If you are unable to submit your return through NETFILE or print your return after payment, please contact us by phone for a refund.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Refunds are issued on TurboTax products within 60 days of purchase. You do not need to send the product back to us.

Refunds on TurboTax purchased from a retailer (e.g. Costco, Staples, Walmart)

To request a refund for a TurboTax CD purchased from a retailer:

1. Print and complete the TurboTax Refund Request Form.
  2. Scan or photocopy the completed form.
  3. Scan or photocopy the CD sleeve or envelope, including the product number and Installation Key Code.
  4. Scan or photocopy the retail receipt.
  5. Send the completed Refund Request Form, the copy of the CD sleeve, and the copy of the retail receipt by email or fax:

Once you have sent us your request for a refund, please uninstall TurboTax.

Note: It can take up to six weeks for your refund cheque to arrive in the mail.

Refunds on TurboTax downloads (for Windows), purchased from the TurboTax.ca website

Send an email or fax clearly indicating that you would like a refund of your TurboTax CD, along with the following information:

• your first and last name, address, and daytime phone number;
  • your order number, which is available on your purchase receipt;
  • reason for the return — please be specific as your comments help us improve our products and services.

Once you have sent us your request for a refund, please Uninstall TurboTax.

Refunds are processed within a week; We’ll send you an email confirmation once your refund has been processed.

Refunds on online editions of TurboTax (in-product purchases and pre-payment codes)

You can use the online edition of TurboTax without paying up to the point where you submit your return to the Canada Revenue Agency through NETFILE or print your tax return. When you choose to submit your return through NETFILE or print your return, you will be asked to submit non-refundable payment.

If you are unable to submit your return through NETFILE or print your return after payment, please contact us by phone for a refund.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I have inadvertently purchased turbo tax on line and as a CD.

The first was purchased on January 10 for $ 36.14 and the second was purchased on January 13 for $ 33.61. Would it be possible to get a refund for 1 of the purchases?

Regards,

Barry Musgrave

Email: [email address removed]

Highlighted

Hello Barry,

We can certainly help you with a refund for one of your purchases.