Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lease an office for my job, and sublease this space for 3 days/week (approved by the building manager). I rent, not own the office. Where do I claim this rental income?

3 Replies

I lease an office for my job, and sublease this space for 3 days/week (approved by the building manager). I rent, not own the office. Where do I claim this rental income?

If you're renting the office at fair market value, you must declare the income as rental income, and also you can claim rental expenses.

In this article, you can find the steps to enter your rental income: How do I enter my rental income and expenses in TurboTax? 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Osama2003

Hi

I have a similar question but in different shape.

I am driving for UBER where can I Enter the information and income in Turbo Tax

@Osama2003 If you have your own business, you can enter it as Self-Employment/business income. Use the “Find” tool 🔍 to search for “self”. Select “Self-Employment” and then click the “Go” button.