Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am having issue with Ontario CAI when I use Netfile. How do I delete that section when I don't want to claim it?

8 Replies

I am having issue with Ontario CAI when I use Netfile. How do I delete that section when I don't want to claim it?

When you are in the "Provincial" section- it will ask which credits you'd like to claim, you will need to uncheck CAI.

I deselected the CAI in the provincial section and it is still showing up in my return summary. I do not want to claim it. My partner is. Please help.

judds11
Returning Member

I am also having the same issue. However, I am unable to get to the provincial section under EasyStep, as they appear to be locked (i.e. have the lock symbol beside all the tabs).  The same issue with Home Owner Energy claim. I am getting error that I am ineligible, but am unable to find out / locate where I can edit it. 

You will remove it by staying in forms mode- going to the Provincial form and deselecting CAI and the home owner credit. 

judds11
Returning Member

I go to the provincial section, and under CAI Worksheet, when it asks whether I lived outside a CMA, I (double) click on the checkbox, which takes me to Schedule 14. On Schedule 14, line 60104, the checkbox is disabled (ie. it is not checked off). Yet, when I go to try to submit my form, it keeps telling me the CAI claim was selected.  It prompts to Review the Warning, and I select Applies to Me - which takes me to Schedule 14 again. The checkbox is disabled (not selected). I check it on/off several times, making sure it disabled/not checked, thinking its a bug... but I keep going in the same circle, and unable to submit my form. PLEASE HELP. 

judds11
Returning Member

p.s. I've trying Ignoring the Warning, but also the same thing. I checked for software updates, thinking I did not have the latest fixes, but I continue to run into the same issues.  I have 4 tax returns, and unable to submit any of them due to this error.  Need help!

judds11
Returning Member

Any information would be helpful. 
I spent $75 on software that doesn't work! 

Since this issue is persisting for you please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 so that they can view your screen to see what the issue is.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.