Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to enter additions to CCA for 2022 and there is no"Enter Additions/Dispositions in the Current Year” button like in prior years.

7 Replies

I need to enter additions to CCA for 2022 and there is no"Enter Additions/Dispositions in the Current Year” button like in prior years.

After completing entering your expenses, you will come onto the screen which has the Enter Additions/Dispositions in the Current Year button. Please see the image below which indicates the button in the TurboTax Online Self-employed version.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

That button is not available so how can I make additions???

@Marnieholley  Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online? Do you have a rental or self-employment, or something else?

Hi, 

thanks for responding. I am using the online version. I am self-employed (personal trainer) and I also have a rental. I had no issues last year. The additions button is simply missing this year. It just says no new additions or dispositions to report, with an option to adjust last years balances. I am now late filing because I cannot do anything. 

On my screen there is no button. It is missing. It was there last year but not this year. 

@Marnieholley  Please clear your browser cache (or use a different browser) and try again. You may also want to try deleting the business and then re-adding it.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 for more help.

Hi,

The workaround that I got from TurboTax on this was to create a new business and when you get to the CCA section, put your current year additions and dispositions in first then add your totals from last year afterwards.

When I did it this way, the buttons were available.  

However, once I went back to my existing business and to retrieve information from the previous year, the buttons were magically available there also. 

Then you can just delete one of the businesses.

Hope that helps.