Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kentcoeli

The new work from home flat rate maximum is $500. Will Turbotax reflect that? I still see $400

4 Replies

The new work from home flat rate maximum is $500. Will Turbotax reflect that? I still see $400

How many days did you work from home? If you worked from home for 200 days, you will still only get $400, because the rate is $2 per day. You would need to have worked at home for 250 days to get the maximum of $500.

kentcoeli

I worked from home the whole year.

Please contact our phone support as they will be better able to assist you. You can use the form on this page to get the right phone number to call: TurboTax Contact Us

We appreciate you choosing TurboTax,

Yes, there has been changes for 2021/2022. Please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter if you require further assistance on this matter.

Changes to the temporary flat rate method

As per CRA, the temporary flat rate method simplifies your claim for home office expenses. You are eligible to use this method if you worked more than 50% of the time from home for a period of at least four consecutive weeks in the year (2020, 2021, or 2022) due to the COVID-19 pandemic. You can claim $2 for each day you worked from home during that period plus any additional days you worked at home in the year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The maximum you can claim using the temporary flat rate method is up to $400 (200 working days) per individual in 2020 and up to $500 (250 working days) per individual in 2021 and in 2022.

Please visit the link provided for further clarifications:

CRA:  Home office expenses for employees

Thank you