Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I enter my deductions, condo fees, gas, phone, hydro, gas, book keeping, office supplies, health insurance, etc

this isn't a proper tax form, if i cannot get answers to simple questions then i would like my money refunded
2 Replies

Where do I enter my deductions, condo fees, gas, phone, hydro, gas, book keeping, office supplies, health insurance, etc

We appreciate you choosing TurboTax,

Your question does not specify whether you are self-employed or employed or if you want to claim rental income deductions. However, the following steps and article may help clarify things for you.

If you're fully self-employed and working from home (or an employee who works from home at the request of your employer), there are a number of credits and deductions you may be eligible for.

Before you start the process of claiming these amounts, you first need to determine whether you're claiming employment or business-use-of-home expenses.

Which category of employment am I, and what forms do I need?

• If you're self-employed, record your business-use-of-home expenses on Form T2125
  • If you're an employee working from home, record your home expenses on Form T2200
  • If you're a salaried or commissioned employee, record your home expenses on Form T777
  • If you're a transportation or trucking employee, record your business expenses on Form TL2

Do I qualify to claim home office expenses?

To qualify for business-use-of-home expenses, you must:

• Use your home workspace only to earn business income, or
  • Use it on a regular and ongoing basis to meet your clients, customers, or patients
  • You can't have another office at a second location and claim home workspace expenses

How do I calculate home office expenses?

The easiest way to figure out your claimable home expenses is to determine the amount of space you used for business purposes. For example, if you live in a four-bedroom house and used one of those bedrooms as a home office, you're then eligible to claim 25% of your total property expenses for business purposes.

Everything from water to gas to snow removal and cleaning costs may be claimed, but make sure to keep copies of all receipts to support your claims.

For more information, visit the CRA's webpage on Home office expenses for employees.

Please visit the link provided for further clarifications:

TurboTax: How do I claim home office expenses?

Please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter if you require further assistance.

That is an excellent answer.