Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sheldon100
Returning Member

Shareholders Loan

I am doing my personal taxes for 2023. I also have a corporation. In 2023 I withdrew funds in Shareholders loans. The same year I paid back the full amount of the loans. In Turbotax I have a line to fill in called Other Income Line 2.  and I have to insert the amount I withdrew from my corporation. But, if I paid it all back should I still insert the amount withdrawn? or just leave it at 0? Since there is nowhere to show the amount paid back then I am assuming I just leave it blank.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Shareholders Loan

If you paid back the full amount within 1 year after the end of the taxation year of the lender, and the repayment was not part of a series of loans or other transactions and repayments, then the loan is not taxable. You don't need to enter it on your personal tax return.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Shareholders Loan

If you need assistance with TurboTax Business Incorporated or preparing your incorporated business tax return (T2), you can visit the Intuit Profile support site.
For business returns please contact Profile at 1-800-452-9970.
Thank you

Sheldon100
Returning Member

Shareholders Loan

Sorry, I don't. My question relates to my personal taxes.

Shareholders Loan

If you paid back the full amount within 1 year after the end of the taxation year of the lender, and the repayment was not part of a series of loans or other transactions and repayments, then the loan is not taxable. You don't need to enter it on your personal tax return.

Sheldon100
Returning Member

Shareholders Loan

Thank you.