Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T1135 Entry: Is 0 for an end of year value acceptable for a closed account? I get ¨(1) Please check the box or adjust amounts entered¨ but no box is identified to fix.

The screen does not identify where to adjust the amounts (no highlighted or flagged box).
3 Replies

T1135 Entry: Is 0 for an end of year value acceptable for a closed account? I get ¨(1) Please check the box or adjust amounts entered¨ but no box is identified to fix.

Is this showing as a warning or an error? If it's a warning, you can ignore it if you know that you've entered the correct amount.

Hi Susan, thanks for the reply. It is showing as a red circle 1 with ¨Please check the box or adjust amounts entered¨. It does not indicate a box to check or fix. It will not let me leave a zero in the End of Year amount - it just posts the error message again. If I put a ¨1¨ for end of year value, it is accepted and I can move on, but not if I enter a zero. Since the account was closed during the year, it has a max value, but no end of year value. Hope that helps!

We are aware of this issue, If you enter a 1 it will not make a difference on your return, and you will be able to file. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.