Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wanted to let you know of an opportunity to avoid some user-FUD around the T1135 NETFILE flow.

Just wanted to let you know of an opportunity to avoid some user-FUD...

This year I had to file a T1135. After I submitted it successfully, via NETFILE, TurboTax ran me through the ENOA download a second time. I assumed it would provide info about my T1135 submission but it did not. Why prompt me to go through the ENOA flow again if it's not going to tell me anything new?

Then, the confirmation email I received from TurboTax created some momentary additional FUD because it doesn't say anything about it being about my T1135 submission. I was able to reassure myself that I hadn't messed up my T1 submission or accidentally filed my husband's return by comparing the confirmation number in the email to the confirmation number on the step in TurboTax. Again, why make me check my work when a copy-tweak in the confirmation email is all that's needed?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Just wanted to let you know of an opportunity to avoid some user-FUD around the T1135 NETFILE flow.

Thank you for your feedback. We'll definitely send your comments to our development team for further review.

PS We're always looking for qualified SuperUsers to join us! Since you seem to have such an amazing understanding of TurboTax customers, perhaps you'd like to help us serve even more filers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Thank you for your feedback. We'll definitely send your comments to our development team for further review.

PS We're always looking for qualified SuperUsers to join us! Since you seem to have such an amazing understanding of TurboTax customers, perhaps you'd like to help us serve even more filers!

TurboTax's T1135 Form is pretty useless. It can only handle 3 rows per section. That's forced me (and my spouse) to complete, print and mail in a paper copy T1135 to CRA for the past several years. That totally defeats purpose of having software and NetFile capability.

TurboTax needs to fx the form to allow adding more rows, or have a supplemental T1135 form like you do for Sched 3.

Meanwhile CRA's online T1135 (PDF version) solves the problem because it DOES ALLOW adding extra rows as needed very easily. Check that out TurboTax team!@! 

I've had enough of this absouletly annoying shortcoming. I'll be switching packages next year, and recommending colleagues do too.