Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, can you tell me where I would input iPad purchase I made for my company? Is says not to add to office supplies but don't get CCA for other than land, etc. Thanks!

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hello, can you tell me where I would input iPad purchase I made for my company? Is says not to add to office supplies but don't get CCA for other than land, etc. Thanks!

CCA is based on the expected useful life of any product.  iPads come and go and become obsolete quickly.  They would not be added as an asset .  CCA is never taken on land itself.  You cannot depreciate land.  You can only depreciate the building on the land.  It isn't mandatory to have company assets or to depreciate them. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

CCA is based on the expected useful life of any product.  iPads come and go and become obsolete quickly.  They would not be added as an asset .  CCA is never taken on land itself.  You cannot depreciate land.  You can only depreciate the building on the land.  It isn't mandatory to have company assets or to depreciate them. 

Thank you for your reply, where would I then add the iPad under, office supplies? Thanks!

Yes, that would be appropriate, or under telephone and communications, if you use it that way.  They are similar in utility and cost as a cellphone, which would not be added as an asset either.

Ok thank you so much!