Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c3rberus

Using TurboTax Deluxe, can't file T2125 without upgrading edition, is this new?

Last year when we used TurboTax to file our taxes, I was able to add self-employment income on Line #13699 using "TurboTax Standard Online 2020" edition that cost $19.99 per return.

This year, when I try to enable self-employment option to fill in professional activity for Line #13699, it requires an edition upgrade?!

Looks like something changed with the online software and they are charging more now? Unless I am not using this correctly.

Have a side computer gig, need to report a relatively small figure ($5K for the year) under T2125.

Am I selecting the wrong options or did they change options/cost?

3 Replies

Yes, it has changed. If you want to use TurboTax Deluxe Online (formerly Standard) for 2021, you will not be able to enter self-employment income/expenses. You would need to upgrade to TurboTax Self-Employed Online, which is the only Online version that includes the T2125 section. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information: Why did I have to upgrade my TurboTax Online edition?

c3rberus

That's very unfortunate, the "deluxe" edition is offering less features than the "standard" edition last year. Instead of paying $20/filing now we have to bite the bullet and upgrade to be able to enter T2125 details.

dakotamar

you have to be kidding me...  just to enter one line for solar generation I now have to upgrade?  

ok,   so now i see you enter it in as other income.   this works ok as my system, the depreciation is finished.