Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VMeme
Returning Member

What is RC210 - Canada Workers Benefit Advance Payments Statement

Where do I claim this? I got it added by linking my CRA but don't see it when I was going through the prompts.

Any suggestions? 

16 Replies

To enter your RC210, please follow the steps below for TurboTax Online.

Sign in to your return
In the left menu, click on Income.
Click on T-Slips.
Scroll down to and select CWB Advance Payments.
On the screen to the right click on Enter RC210 for...
Enter your amount in the designated space.
Now click on Done With RC210.

NOTE: If it is already included, do not enter it again.

Thank you for using TurboTax.

VMeme
Returning Member

Wow thanks Ginette, 

That helps

My Tax Return seems to be strange this year, I have a very low net income after all expenses (I'm self employed starting out) and I am still for some reason having to pay $107,  is that normal? 

Sometimes it is normal if you didn't pay enough taxes through the year. You can verify our TurboTax article to see if you may have forgotten to claim some possible credits: 10 Tax Benefits for Low Income Canadians in 2023.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

VMeme
Returning Member

Thanks Ginette, 

I truly appreciate all of this information and your continued support, I am excited to finish filing with TurboTax!

A couple more thoughts/inquiries though, Where do I claim that Basic Personal Amount of $150000? I didn't see that populate. 

Also,  I am getting GST, Trillium from previous tax years, and wondering if those get submitted to CRA with my Tax Return? I didn't see a section in TurboTax software.

Also with the Canadian Workers Benefit - the advanced payment that automatically populated is $699 linked from CRA - Does that mean I will receive half that amount quarterly this year after I file my taxes? (I think I read that from this article: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tips/applying-for-the-working-income-tax-benefit-352 

Thanks for all your help, I am struggling a bit 😕 but you are helping me through it!

The basic personal amount for 2024:  is from $14,156 to $15,705 for taxpayers with net income (line 23600) of $173,205 or less.  For incomes above this threshold, the additional amount of $1,549 is reduced until it becomes zero at net income of $246,752.

GST, Trillium from previous tax years, did you complete taxes from previous tax years? If yes, and you qualify the CRA will send you what is owed. 

You will find The Trillium and GST under the Provincial section of your tax return. 

You don't need to apply to receive the advanced payments. The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) will determine your eligibility when you file your income tax and benefit return. If you're entitled to a CWB amount on line 45300 of your income tax and benefit return, the CRA will automatically send you payments.

To receive the advanced payments, the CRA must receive your income tax and benefit return before November 1 of the benefit period.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

VMeme
Returning Member

Thanks so much Ginette, 

Do you mean basic personal amount for 2023? $14,156 to $15,705 for taxpayers with net income (line 23600) of $173,205 or less

But I don't see where to put this into Turbo Tax software? Can you please advise, or is this done after filing again? 

To enter your RC210 info in TurboTax Online, please use the Find tool to look for "cwb".

VMeme
Returning Member

Thanks Susan, 

I was referring to the "Basic Personal Amount" section. where can I add that?

On the left-hand side of your return click on the dropdown arrow beside the 2023 tax return-  click on View detailed tax summary- and scroll down to line 3000- to see your basic personal amount.