Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neil19

Where can I enter Additions and Dispositions for CCA under farming? It only shows previous year and says There are no records to display - Current Year Additions & Dispo?

The option is available for Self employment, but not farming...
5 Replies

Where can I enter Additions and Dispositions for CCA under farming? It only shows previous year and says There are no records to display - Current Year Additions & Dispo?

There should be an “Enter Additions / Dispositions in Current Year” button in the bottom right.

neil19

That's what I would have expected... but alas, that's not the case for 2021 Farming Activities CCA!

missing button.png

I thought that it should have come up when I checked Bought/Sold Equipment, Property, buildings or land.

select.png

I had a support person log in and share my screen and they couldn't figure it out too... looks like a bug in online version of Farming Activities 2021.  The Self-Employment interview section shows the ENTER ADDITIONS BUTTON, but not in the farming Activities :(

Yes, that button is there even if “Bought/Sold Equipment, property, buildings or land” is the only thing that you have checked off.

Have you tried using a different browser? 

neil19

I tried a different browser... no button. So I tried creating a new fake return to get to that screen and there IS a button on the NEW return, but not on my existing return... and tabing didn't take me to a hidden button. This would really suck to have to start over again, as there was A LOT of data entered into the current return!

I tried making a copy of the return... but that didn't fix the problem. Still no Button.   Tried unchecking all boxes... advancing... then going back and checking boxes to get back to UCC screen, still no button.  AUGGH!

Sorry that you are having this problem. Before starting over completely, you might want to clear your cache to see if it would help. Sometimes computers have a mind of their own. It looks like starting over may be the only avenue if clearing your cache doesn't help.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.