Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
serre119

Where do claim the Staycation tax credit? Its mentioned in the "provincial" section, but gives you no way of inputting the numbers??

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where do claim the Staycation tax credit? Its mentioned in the "provincial" section, but gives you no way of inputting the numbers??

Unfortunately, the Ontario Staycation credit is not finalized at the Canada Revenue Agency yet. An adjustment will need to be done at a later date if you file before it is ready. 

Note: Printing or filing of your return is not available till February 21. Once Netfile and printing is available, the credit will be available in the return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Unfortunately, the Ontario Staycation credit is not finalized at the Canada Revenue Agency yet. An adjustment will need to be done at a later date if you file before it is ready. 

Note: Printing or filing of your return is not available till February 21. Once Netfile and printing is available, the credit will be available in the return.

serre119

Awesome, thanks for your help!

Please be advised that the Ontario Staycation credit is now available in TurboTax Online. To apply for the credit, you can select Provincial, then Provincial Tax Credit Profile.

I'm getting an error saying don't e-file yet, there's changes to the credit that will be included in the next release.  My software is up to date, when will the release be ready?

PTQA
Level 1

I am using the TurboTax Standard 2022 (Download) and cant enter the accommodation details onto worksheet ON479 (the fields are "calculated field") ... what are the alternatives? or if this is to be updated, when will the updates be available.  Thank you.

Please try using the Easy-Step method and you can use the Find icon to search Ontario Staycation to go apply for the credit.

PTQA
Level 1

Thank you ... that works.

I am having problems entering the GST number for hotels to claim the Ontario Staycation Tax Credit.  I type in the GST number, it contains a combination of letters and numbers and your program will not accept the letters.  I get the message "Please enter a numeric value rounded to the nearest whole number".  In order to save and continue, for the interim, I replaced the letters with zeros.  However I will need to correct before sending to CRA.  Any suggestions?

Just skip the alpha and input numeric only.  I did that, e-filed and CRA accepted it