Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I enter my "dependant over 18" net income for line 331 Schedule 1 calculation? Can this be done in Easy Step?

3 Replies

Where do I enter my "dependant over 18" net income for line 331 Schedule 1 calculation? Can this be done in Easy Step?

Yes, you can enter your dependant's net income while in the EasyStep view of TurboTax CD/installed. To do so:

From the sidebar click on Introduction > Dependants > then choose to "Edit" the dependant whose Net Income you are trying to enter.

it's not letting me enter an amount for my dependent.  it is asking if the amount he earned is 0.00, yes or no.  as there was a wage earned for my dependent last year, i answered no.  at the end where I'm trying to file the return, it shows this an error.  i have to answer yes to this question, which is NOT TRUE.  How do I fix this????

There are a couple of reasons why this could happen- we will need to ask you a few questions. 

Please contact us via a private chat on Facebook or Twitter so that we can assist you.