Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is Schedule 11?

Last year, I was reassessed as I had not completed Schedule 11 (Tuition). I used TurboTax last year. I don't want to be reassessed and have to pay and penalty again this year. Where are Schedule 11 (Federal Tuition Credit), Schedule AB(S11) (Alberta Tuition and Education Amounts) and Form AB428 (Alberta Tax and Credits). I must complete them to accurately enter my 'Eligible' tuition.
3 Replies

Where is Schedule 11?

Your TurboTax Online software will fill Schedule 11 for you by asking you questions. Unfortunately, our Online software does not have the Forms view available.  Only our TurboTax CD/Download software has the Forms View and Easy Mode.

To enter your tuition please follow the steps below (for outside of Quebec)

1. Select Find from the menu and enter students
  2. Select Students from the list of results, and then select Go. The Your Student Profile step appears
  3. Select Tuition fees on a receipt, T2202, or TL11, and then select ContinueLet’s get you some tax breaks for going to school! step appears.
  4. Fill out your selected form. If you have more than one tuition to claim, select Enter New Tuition Slip and fill out another form, repeating for each additional tuition slip.
  5. Select Done with Tuition Fees. The T2202, TL11, and Tuition Fees Paid - Summary step appears
  6. Review the information on-screen and follow the instructions that match your situation.

For more information, please see our TurboTax information below.

TurboTax video: How to claim T2202 Tax Form: Education & Textbook Amounts Certificate

TurboTax FAQ How do I claim my tuition fees?

TurboTax article Simple Steps for Students Filing Tax Returns

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

ebell44
Returning Member

Where is Schedule 11?

Turbo tax online does not calculate my tuition amounts on line 32300 the same way Schedule 11 does. Can you explain how Turbo tax On-line comes up with the number? If I manually fill out Schedule 11, line 32300 is the total of my Eligibel tuition fees paid in 2022 according to my T2022, in addition to unused  tuition amounts from my 2021 notice of assessment. However, the number Turbotax on-line provides for line 32300 is exactly 50% of my tuition fees paid in 2022, or line 3 of Schedule 11. Why is that? This needs to be fixed.

thanks,

Where is Schedule 11?

@ebell44 Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.