Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rrtca

Which service package should I choose

I need to file 3 income tax returns, myself, my son and daughter. What's the best option I have in terms of cost for the service? 

If I purchase your Premier package (my return needs the Premier package), will it cover all of the 3 returns, or do I need to purchase each individual package for each return? My son's was a student and did a part-time job. my daughter was a full-time employee with simple T4 and your Free package would suits her return. 

Also, am I allowed to file all three returns from my computer and from my Turbotax account?

I need to talk to someone.

1 Reply

Which service package should I choose

If you are using TurboTax Online, each return would be separate, so you could choose Premier for yourself, and Free (or another version) for your children.

You can do all the returns in one account, but be aware that returns and information can’t be transferred between accounts. So if in the future, your children would like to do their own taxes, you would have to let them use your account. Or they would have to create new accounts, without access to their previous returns. It may be best to make an account for each of you, then you can hand over the accounts to your children when the need arises.

If you are still need more information, you can contact our phone support using the form on this FAQ: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/how-do-i-contact-turbotax-fo...