Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am in a partnership that changed members part-way through the year. Do I enter different fiscal period for each T2125 or write dates in the name (ie. *name* Jan1-May9)?

My business started 2018 with 3 individual partners, one partner stepped down in May 2018 leaving 2 partners until the end of the year. In a recent consultation with a CA, I was told that we could file two separate T2125's for each portion of the year. I am wondering if we should write the dates indicating each portion (Jan-May, May-Dec) in the name of the business (ie. *Name* (Jan1-May9)) or if I should enter a different Fiscal Period for each T2125?

1 Reply

I am in a partnership that changed members part-way through the year. Do I enter different fiscal period for each T2125 or write dates in the name (ie. *name* Jan1-May9)?

You are reporting this correctly by completing two separate T2125s. And for easier reference entering those dates in the name would be helpful. You should also make sure you say "Yes" to Was this the Final Year of the Business?, for the first part of the year when you had three partners.