Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gargamel-

Dollar format error on Carry Forward form about Unused tuition and education amount. It is always auto-fixed to format "_.___,__" and get error "Please enter... 9999.99

Did anyone had this problem?
4 Replies

Dollar format error on Carry Forward form about Unused tuition and education amount. It is always auto-fixed to format "_.___,__" and get error "Please enter... 9999.99

I have the same problem. dollar value in the format of 9999.99. I called two times, but I can't fill it in; the system automatically changes it.  That is a problem with the software, I need help. 

@Mildredtorres Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

I am not sure. I bought a Standard turbo tax and downloaded it. I think it is Download because I had to install it.  And then their technical support sent me a link by mail, but the problem is the same. I installed and uninstall it two times. 

@gargamel- @Mildredtorres Even if you are using TurboTax Desktop/Download, please clear your cache/cookies, sign out of your return then restart your computer. There is also a new update available today.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.