Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikevan

How do I access Schedule 8? I need to be able to elect to stop CPP contributions on self-employment earnings on line 372 as I am over 65 and a CPP recipient.

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately, the system still won't let me elect to stop contributing to CPP. 

I do not have a T4A(P) as I am not yet collecting CPP, but I get an error message when I select the option to stop contributing (and enter the month).  It says I have "made an election to stop contributing to CPP on (my) self-employment earnings for more months than (I) have received CPP benefits in the tax year.  Please correct."

This error does not make sense given I am not receiving CPP benefits.  I cannot use Netfile until the error is cleared.  I am running out of time, so decided to write to CRA and manually request the election to stop contributing to CPP in 2021.  (I should have dealt with this last year.)  In so doing, I can now select "yes" to the question in my TurboTax return for 2022 "Did you elect to stop contributing to CPP on your self-employment earnings in a year prior to 2022?"  This gives me the desired result for tax year 2022 and there are no errors.  

However, I shouldn't have to step outside TurboTax (which I have been using for MANY years) and write to the CRA in order to correct this problem.  Do you have any idea why I am facing this issue?  Thanks.

arepp88
Returning Member

How do I access Schedule 8? I need to be able to elect to stop CPP contributions on self-employment earnings on line 372 as I am over 65 and a CPP recipient.

Hi MikeVan,

I am also still dealing with Turbo Tax and the very same issue.  Have you tried to send your message to one of the TurboTax Moderators - TurboTaxBrenda1 - has been trying to help me.  I have also been on the phone numerous times for several hours each time with Turbo Tax Help, and am still stuck in a "loop" with the Error that I cannot "Fix" inside the software.

I wish I could be more helpful; hopefully, the more people who contact TT to address this will lead to a software fix on TT.

Best of luck.

TT still has the schedule 8 issue.  i had to manually send it in to CRA. this part of the software has'nt worked for the 4 years i've been trying to stop paying cpp. hoprfully this year they'll stop charging me cpp.

Please click on the items in the menu on the left as seen below. You need to go to the T4A(P) as if you are entering one even if you are not and click Continue then please follow the steps on the image below.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.