Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In my deductions summary there is an amount reflected under "Deduction for CPP/QPP/PPIP. where does this amount come from?

5 Replies

In my deductions summary there is an amount reflected under "Deduction for CPP/QPP/PPIP. where does this amount come from?

Line 22200 - Deduction for CPP or QPP contributions on self-employment and other earnings.  

Here is the link to CRA- https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-re...

bmcp

If it's the same problem as mine, the summary shows it as "Deduction for CPP/QPP/PPIP (self-empl.)", but I don't think that's correct.  If you check in the detailed tax summary (Menu item: Review > Bottom Line (Tax Summary) then find a link for "Detailed Tax Summary" halfway down the page), it's actually getting that amount from line 22215: "Deduction for CPP/QPP enhanced contributions on employment income".

Revenue Agency link for line 22215 

As of 2019, you can claim a deduction for the enhanced contributions on CPP and QPP pensionable earnings you contributed through your employment income.

Whether you contributed to the CPP or QPP, the maximum allowable claim is $80.85.

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

CPP contributions were amended in 2019 and succeeding years for regular employment. The increases in the CPP contribution above the %4.95 rate can be claimed as a deduction with some conditions. If you have a T4, a portion of the CPP contribution may be qualified as a deduction. 

Please check the CRA link below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/forms/rc381.html

I hope this was helpful

The "Deduction for CPP/QPP/PPIP" amount is NOT carried forward from previous years.  There are no calculations involved, BUT the amount should show in the Detailed Summary when comparing current year to the past year....

@wagnerpa If you are not able to see this info, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.