Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pension splitting amt shown on my turbo tax rtn is not correct at $0. " My spouses rtn shows the split aok, but nothing I do changes the max from $0. It should be $25K!

The T1032 on my spouse turbo tax return is fully completed.  We have both selected "yes" for pension splitting.  The T1032 on my return only has Step 1 filled in, nothing else.

Should I completely delete my Tubro Tax return for 2018 and start over in hopes that the program will pick up the 50% that has been declared the return of my spouse?

1 Reply

Pension splitting amt shown on my turbo tax rtn is not correct at $0. " My spouses rtn shows the split aok, but nothing I do changes the max from $0. It should be $25K!

Only one spouse can split pension income. (You can split the pension of one spouse and then the other to see which scenario is better overall but in the end, only one spouse's eligible pension income can be split with the other spouse.)

If it's your income that you'd like to split, navigate to the Pension Splitting screen and select that it's your pension you want to split.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647840