Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an error that CPP contributions or pensionable earnings entered incorrectly. Have checked twice and not so>

Interesting to find another user who is sharing my frustration.  I dug a bit deeper as I am so obsessed with this problem. I manually printed out schedule 8 specific to CPP (from Revenue Canada Forms), and entered in all employment and self-employment Info requested. That was a time consuming 4-page effort which proved to be a calculation challenge for the normal well-educated human. However, with calculator in hand I successfully completed the task and verified Turbo Tax auto fill of Schedule 8 and also made sure the appropriate entries were transferred to the T1.  To what end I do not know because the Turbo tax error is still there directing me to fix the CPP issue. I certainly hope the March 2 fix works.  I will stay tuned. Thanks for your response. 

mabt
Level 2

Getting an error that CPP contributions or pensionable earnings entered incorrectly. Have checked twice and not so>

March 2nd is here - and no update, no fix.  

Grrr.

Yes March 2 come and gone and my skepticism about a resolve to this problem in any efficient manner has proven to be well-founded.  You may have been given a March 2 fix timeline, but I haven't even heard back from Turbo Tax at all.  I see others have the same problem.  Guess I need to call again and put the time in on hold. Keep in touch if you hear anything.

I messaged Turbo Tax through messenger instead of calling and I received a reply they are aware of the issue and will be fixed by March 9th. Hopefully that date is correct! 

Hi. Hopefully you get an answer by March 9 as promised.  
I still have not received any communication but will try sending a message as well.
Keep me posted.  Thanks.

Same error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very very frustrating that there is no official response from Turbo Tax... I need to know this will be fixed so I can do my *&^% taxes!!

TURBOTAX - GIVE US A RESPONSE

mabt
Level 2

Here it is . March 9, and still no fix for this problem.  I can't wait another 30-40 minutes on phone even though they say on the website that if wait time is more than 20 minutes they will call you back.  Not so.  

I am getting close to asking for a refund and using another tax filing program.  

Sent another message and was told tomorrow by 5pm ET. Fingers crossed!

Hello: 

Well... the saga continues.  I talked to support from Turbo Tax this morning and they had me jumping through hoops including deleting the T4 and re-installing the downloaded version of Turbo Tax instead of the CD installation.  All efforts produced the same CPP Error on Review. 
I have now been told (after considerable time on the phone) that Turbo Tax is aware of this problem and that the fix is indicated to be available the "week of" March 9.  So keep looking for updates every couple of days and hopefully by Friday we will see something come through.   Did anyone actually try to file the tax by ignoring the Error? Just curious if you were able to file?  Turbo Tax wanted me to test that but I was not ready to do so...yet! 

Hello;

Funny you should ask if you can Netfile with the error. I tried late last night as I was so frustrated with the lack of responsibility and answers from Turbo Tax. Lo and behold, I was able to Netfile my return with the error code. I'm hoping it didn't make any calculation errors in my return but it was accepted by CRA.