Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an error that CPP contributions or pensionable earnings entered incorrectly. Have checked twice and not so>

Did you try putting the T4 info in manually and try Net-filing that way ?

That's what worked for me, as i only had 1 x T4 to submit so it wasn't time consuming !

Getting an error that CPP contributions or pensionable earnings entered incorrectly. Have checked twice and not so>

Today there was an upgrade but like the previous ones it has not fixed the problem

What I find unacceptable is there has only been one reply from TurboTax that attempted to address this problem. Their solution was to file as separate individuals which would have been fine but the return was an individual person with both T4 and self employment.

Hi, 

This due to the 2nd blank t4 that is auto generated, you can see when you do the review, the odd thing is you can not delete it.  Hope They can fix it, 

I'm still getting this error on June 1st. Last day to file. 

When these errors occur and you have checked that the proper amounts have been entered- please contact our support team so that they can view your return to see what the issue is. 

Please contact our customer service here

My nephew came to Canada 5 years ago to attend college.  He graduated but could not find work in his field, so he worked as a cleaner in an office.  This past year, his work permit expired so he was required to leave Canada.  This happened in October, 2022.  I cannot enter his T4 information successfully because the program tells me there is an error in the way I've entered the CPP information.  What's the answer? 

I've shown him as residing out of country, so do I use ON as his residence or ZZ?

No, you need to put where he resided as of December 31, 2022. He should contact the CRA to see what his Canada residency is/was on December 31,2022.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

SN-GA

Doing my 2023 income tax return and getting this message:

"CPP/QPP contributions or pensionable earnings have been entered incorrectly.  Check the amounts entered on your T4; particularly boxes 10, 14, 16, 17, 26, 28.  If the information entered matches your slips, please contact TurboTax support at........"

My tax slips were imported directly from my CRA Account and I've triple checked - all entries are the same as the tax slip.  Is this a problem with the software?